Information for Judges at SURCA
The 2017 SURCA abstract book is ready! Download your copy now.
Judges are still needed in all categories at SURCA, March 27, 2017, CUB M.G. Carey Senior Ballroom.
Who can judge at SURCA?
- Faculty and post-docs from a post-secondary educational institution
- Anyone with expertise and work experience from industry, government, non-profit organizations, and other entities outside of WSU
What if I am from off campus?
We are delighted to have you as a judge and we will do everything possible to make your visit to WSU an enjoyable one. We will provide complimentary parking. Contact UGresearch@wsu.edu for information.
How Much Time Will Judging Take?
- Before the Event – You may want to review abstracts on the website.
- 2:00-2:45 p.m. Pre-judging. No students will be present.
- 2:45-3:45 p.m. Formal judging, students are present for questions.
- 3:45 p.m. Scores must be turned in.
- 3:45-5:00 p.m. Optional leisure time to look at posters and talk to students.
- 5:00-5:45 p.m. You are invited to attend the award ceremony (optional).
Will I Be Judging Posters in My Own Field?
You select your preference for the categories that you wish to judge.
How Judging Works
- You will be assigned 2 – 4 posters to judge.
- For each participant you have been assigned, you will be provided with a two-sided sheet that combines a judging rubric with a score sheet.
- You will also be given the opportunity to provide written feedback to students as you find appropriate.
- The CUB Junior Ballroom will be specifically reserved for judges so that you will have your own area where you can sit at a table, work on your score sheet, and enjoy refreshments.